Updated: May 9, 2022
Knowing the artist makes the work more interesting and creates a way for us to indentify with one another. So what do we have in common?
Here is a little list that I have created of personal factoids about myself. One of my favorite artists, Michele Keck, which I will make a blog about some time in the future had a page like this and I loved reading, so I decided to create on as well.
1. I was born in the 70s, 1979 actually and am the last year that is considered generation x right before we moved on to generation y.
2. I like my bananas to be a hint of green, there is no love for brown spotty bananas here.
3. I've been on a plane that had to have an emergency landing because of bomb threat.
4. I love music especially if there is either an acoustic guitar or piano playing in it.
5. Not a big drinker, but I do loves me my sauvignon blanc especially if it’s comin’ from New Zealand.
6. I love learning; there is just so much to know! I went back to school after I graduated with my Bachelors in Business and obtained another degree in Fashion Design at FIT in NYC.
7. TV Shows I love, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Ray Donovan, hmmm… I’m sure there are others just can’t think of them right now. Oh yeah, totally shouldn’t even say this out loud but, Hulu has made a lot of great originals; Orange is the New Black and East Los High! Super fun!
8. I really love Broadway and actually do make it a point to catch shows when I’m in the city. Probably why I loved Glee and Smash!
9. My husband proposed to me on a private island that he rented for us for the night off the coast of Fiji. He is also the more romantic one. I tend to lean on the realist side.
10. I mostly hate all romantic comedies, just so predictable.
11. I prefer techno to hip hop.
12. I like Starbucks coffee and chia tea lattes.
13. I’m a really good cook; I often find my creativity moving into the meals I prepare for my family.
14. I guess you could say I’m a Foodie; I like all the crazy items that most people don’t like on the sushi menu like sea urchin and sweet shrimp.
15. I don’t like to grocery shop with others, I find it to be a very meditative place for me and when others are there its hard to concentrate on what items I need and what I already have in my kitchen.
16. I practice and really enjoy Vinyasa Yoga, I still haven’t participated in a wanderlust festival but it is on my to do list.
17. I have organized an international yoga retreat in the Dominican Republic, by the end of the trip I realized that my love interest at the time who came with me was, “the one”.
18. I’ll continue to add to this list as things comes up.